Thursday, February 4, 2010

Friendships need THREE aspects...

At cru we are going in to THREE things real, deep friendships need. So, we need to be...

1. to be known and understood
2. to be loved and respected
3. to be challenged

This works better with an actual interactive group, but I was just challenged by two of my really good girlfriends about a serious part of my life... and it worked! By that i mean, i was forced to actually have a real conversation after they did that. I think a lot of times being challenged is the hardest part of a friendship, because what if the person I say something to doesn't want to hear anything about this? Anyways, I didn't want to hear it--but after I did I realized it was helpful. I'm being vague for a few reasons...but I wanted to share how thankful I am for real friendships.


On a different note, I slept for 14 hours yesterday. Literally, I napped for 4 and slept for 10 that night. I couldn't believe that even was possible. Today I feel a little groggy, but mostly thankful that I had a week where I could do that (for all the weeks I don't let myself sleep properly). I'm going to Columbus this weekend to take my brother out for his 19th birthday! I hope that
1. He doesn't leave me somewhere 2. I don't try and wander somewhere 3. His friends don't mess with me while I'm sleeping on a fouton.
Let's hope those things don't happen.

k, bye!

1 comment:

  1. Katelyn, a couple things:

    1. I have not met you, but I follow this blog and so therefore know you a little bit through what you write.

    2. Over Christmas break I had the flu hardcore (lost 8.5 lbs from it!) and slept a full 26 hours STRAIGHT, one of the most surreal experiences of my life

    3. On one of your earlier posts you ended it by saying "if you are reading this message, chances are... i miss you even if we're (sic) never met!" And I just wanted to say that even though I do not know you, I love you for that sentence alone. Pura vida, vaya con Dios, and keep on shining

    ReplyDelete