Tuesday, February 16, 2010

time to stop....and breathe

Right now is the busiest I think that I have ever been.  There are so many things that I love doing, and I think right now I am doing most of them at the same time.  Here's a rundown of all of my extra-curricular's
-Drumming in the Church Worship Band (starts Sunday)
-Playing volleyball on Mondays
-I have 4 sidejobs going on at the same time right now
-Trying to fix my car
-Probably something I am forgetting

Now take all of that, and toss it on top of what Jes and I already have on our plate as far as keeping 184 afloat, working full time and trying to have time for the two of us to see each other.  I feel like these past few weeks God has been testing me, I feel as if He is challenging me to grow closer to Him, to worship Him, and He will guide me through these hectic times.  I feel like He pushed me to play drums in the Worship Band, and I am so glad that I did, so far I am really enjoying it.  I know there are people out there that don't believe that God is real, but there are so many signs in my eyes that he is.  I felt like the sermon that Tim gave on Sunday directly effected what has been going on in my life as of lately, yet, I bet everybody in the congregation thought the same thing.  God works in funny ways, there are sometimes he works in tragic ways...ways that we may never understand, but then there are times like this, when I feel so overwhelmed, that I take the time to stop...and breathe, and I get a second-wind to take on the tasks at hand. Jes and I have both been so busy lately that we don't get to see each other too much, does that worry me?  No, we've been together for almost 5 years and have seen our share of ups and downs, this is just a hiccup...hell it's not even a hiccup, were not upset with each other, were just upset that we don't get to spend a lot of time together right now.  Do I wish we could clear our entire schedules and just spend time with eachother? Yes. I am so happy with how well she is student teaching, her adviser was very impressed with the way she carried herself.  She has been teaching, and tutoring, and working a lot lately, and I can't wait until she just has to teach, because she's going to be damn good at it :)  Well, it's time to head home and dive into this fun evening of fixing closets, fixing cars, and fixing websites.  Good Evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment