Thursday, February 25, 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel...or is it just somebody's flashlight?

As I have said in my previous entries, life is INSANE, and you never know what it will bring next.  It's very much like Forrest Gump's mother told us...Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.  Last week we lost another drag racer, unfortunately he was way too young.  Drake Simmons was 23 years old and passed away last week due to a pnuemonia that he had been battling for a few weeks. Now I wasn't as close to him as I was with Andrew, but it still hits you hard and makes you re-evaluate how fragile a life truly is. Drake was one of the nicest people I have ever met and truly had a passion for the sport, God has a bigger and better plan for him in Heaven than he did on this Earth...it's unfortunate that he had to go so early.

Katelyn,
Drumming was so refreshing last weekend.  Going up there and playing music for more than just my own pleasure was so great, and I look forward to helping them out when they need me.  Everybody in the band is so nice and even though I was rusty at first (not playing for three years will do that to you) they let me work through the rust and by the time the second service was over, Bill was grinning with some of the stuff that I was doing. 184 misses you, and we are truly dissapointed that you will not be there for the last weekend of the Whiskey Ranch ;). 

Now onto the whole light at the end of the tunnel thing.

I don't know if it's because I have figured out a way to deal with my new, intense schedule or if my workload is actually lighter but I haven't felt as stressed-out lately.  Sure I wake up feeling like I got a half hour of sleep, but you try sleeping with a 70lb Golden Retreiver snoring in your face, lets see how good you feel in the morning.  I have been getting up early so I can see Jes in the morning because who knows what our schedules are after I get home and there are times we don't see eachother until we go to bed.  It's sad yes, but we will survive.  I do feel bad for her, she puts SO much time into preparing for the next day and those inconsiderate kids just don't care.  Another thing that is unfortunate for her is that she works the 40 hour work week, then instead of resting the weekend away...she has to work the entire thing.  She has been picking up extra hours and doing more tutoring and also babysitting a lot.  I greatly appreciate everything she is doing to help keep us afloat.
My car...well it's causing us a whole deal of grief but now it is fixed.  I had a brief scare and thought I was going to have to get a new car this weekend but it's fixed!  I am hoping this summer I can buy something brand new.  I am looking at 2010 Mazda 3, 5-door's...they are small, get pretty good mpg yet they have a lot of room being a hatchback. So stay tuned because I am sure I will keep all of you updated on that progress.

Jes and I are planning on going to Disney with the Madrigals and whatnot in June and we can't wait!  The last, and only time I have been there is for band and how lame was that?  I am really excited to spend a lot of time down there, and a lot of time away with just her.  It appears that the light at the end of the tunnel has the silhouette of Mickey Mouse ears.  Some great dates to look forward to are coming up though and it will help with this bad case of cabin-fever we are all getting



3/17/2010-St. Patty's Day
4/01/2010-April Fool's day (my personal favorite)
4/02/2010- Mom's 50th Birthday
4/08/2010-Jessica's birthday
4/18/2010-Chad's Birthday
4/22/2010-Chuckie's Birthday
4/30/2010-Jessica's Last day student teaching

Well, that's all I have for today friends, I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment